While the Mater Hospital SYDNEY has all the appropriate precautions in place to ensure its COVID-19 preparedness, the Hospital remains fully functional with all services operating as per normal. St Vincent's is working closely with the State Government's Department of Health to help protect and keep our patients, visitors, staff and doctors safe from COVID-19.
Visitor Guidelines from Friday 26 June 2020.
- Each patient may have up to two visitors per day (not including support people*)
- General Visiting Hours: 10.30am – 1.00pm and 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm
- Maternity Visiting Hours: 3.00pm – 6.00pm (partner is able to visit at any time)
- All visitors must be 16 years old or older
- No visitors who have traveled overseas or to Melbourne in the past 14 days
- Social distancing guidelines still apply – no shaking hands, hugging or kissing, keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people, therefore the number of visitors in an individual patient room will be limited by the area. Avoiding visiting vulnerable people, such as those with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment.
- *A support person may remain with a patient and is not restricted to visitor times if they are a carer for a child under the age of 18 or a carer for a patient with a disability