Nurse Graduate Program
Online applications open Monday 2nd July 2018 and close Friday 20th July 2018.
Click here to apply: [coming soon]
Come along to our Information Evening on Wednesday 23rd May -
there will be talks at 5.00pm, 5.30pm and 6.00pm in the Poche Centre Auditorium, Rocklands Road (opposite the hospital).
Find out why the Mater is such an extra ordinary place to work.
At the Mater our patients’ care and recovery is our highest priority.
We work in partnership with our patients and their families to take a compassionate and holistic approach to healthcare. We view nurse graduates as our leaders of the future and that is why we invest in developing you clinically, professionally and personally. Our Program assists in linking theory to practice and challenges you to excel.
To work at the Mater and be part of our Mater nurse graduate program from February 2019, we are looking for remarkable graduate nurses who:
- Are highly motivated to professional development and quality improvement
- Have a strong ability to work closely with interdisciplinary teams and provide exceptional "Person Centred Care"
- Are able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are open to respond to a changing work environment
- Are accountable for their own practice
- Have a commitment to uphold the Mission and Values of St Vincent’s Health Australia
Programs Offered at the Mater
General/Acute Care Graduate Nurse Program
Rotations including the following specialty areas:
- Day Surgery/Day of Surgery Admission Centre
- Joint Replacement/Sports Injury management/Rehabilitation
- Mater Orthopaedic Day Surgery
- Operating Theatres
Direct Entry Program - Operating Theatres
The direct entry into Operating Theatre offers a twelve month placement consisting of time in the following departments:
- Circulating/Instrument Nurse
Direct Entry Program - Critical Care
Two rotations: the first rotation is within the Heart/Lung/Vascular/Neuro department followed by the second rotation within the Intensive Care Unit.
Direct Entry Program - Orthopaedics
The direct entry into Orthopaedics offers a twelve month placement in the orthopaedic wards.
Part time Graduate Nurse Program
The Mater is offering a part-time only New Graduate Program in 2019. The Mater is invested in ensuring resilience, wellbeing and self-care as a component of a nurses’ induction into the profession. In order to ensure our New Graduate Nurses are transitioning, and to reduce the incidence of transition shock, we feel it best to offer a part-time program for new nurses. Not only will this promote an appropriate work/life balance for these new staff members, it will also enhance the patient experience by enabling nurses to deliver safer care.
Support at the Mater
Graduate Nurses are supported through a number of avenues including:
- A dedicated Learning and Development Department
- Clinical Nurse Educators in all departments
- Supernumerary time for each rotation
- Clinical Honours whilst undertaking your Graduate Program aligned with the University of Tasmania
- Protected Teaching Time
- Facilitated debrief sessions
- Study days
- Social nights
- Individualised learning objective plans
Must have AHPRA registration before you can commence the program.
Must have the unlimited right to work in Australia
The Mater Hospital is conveniently located less than two kilometres from the city and between the restaurants of Crows Nest and the business centre of North Sydney.
The Mater Graduate Nurse Information evening will be held on Wednesday 23rd May between 1700-1830hrs (talks at 5.00pm, 5.30pm and 6.00pm). We invite you to come along, learn about the facility and meet the Clinical Nurse Educators and Learning and Development Team.