While the Mater Hospital SYDNEY has all the appropriate precautions in place to ensure its COVID-19 preparedness, the Hospital remains fully functional with all services operating as per normal. We are working closely with NSW Health to help protect and keep our patients, visitors, staff and doctors safe from COVID-19.
Visitor Guidelines from Wednesday 29 July 2020.
- Each patient must nominate one designated visitor for their entire stay (for a maximum of 2 hours per day)
- Visiting Hours: 10.30am - 8.00pm
- Maternity partners are able to visit at any time
- Hospital sign-in is mandatory
- All visitors must undergo temperature screening and wear a face mask at all times (visitors may wear their own mask).
- All visitors must be 16 years old or older
- No visitors who have traveled overseas, been in or transited through Victoria, or who have been in any NSW hotspots in the past 14 days
- Social distancing guidelines still apply – no shaking hands, hugging or kissing, keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people.
- A support person may remain with a patient and is not restricted to visitor times if they are a carer for a child under the age of 18 or a carer for a patient with a disability